Monday, December 12, 2005

desk crit no. 8> From Mary Miller

Hi, Robin.
As is always the case with pretty much anything you create, your Web site is stunning!
I like the look and feel very much. A meta site, it both is art and is about art! It's very
warm and inviting, which is not always the case for something with so much style!
When I looked at your site during the studio showcase trial run on the 17th of November,
I suggested that you change the style of the text on the "Thoughts on Creativity" section.
You have now done that and it is much easier to read while still looking very cool.
I particularly like the way you have done navigation for that section. I do think it would
be nice if you added some sort of "back to top" link and I think you could do that at the
same point as each of your internal navigation sections without throwing things off
too badly.
I have a couple of suggestions for the artist info section.
  1. Begin with artist's full name. I noticed Rene's last name was not given. Perhaps put the name in bold to make it stand out a bit more.
  2. List your live interview participants alphabetically as you have done with your thoughts participants.
I also have some comments on the artist interviews and demos section.
You have a lot of dead space on this page. With the current image size, it would be possible to put the content in a table with two columns. Or, you could just add something fun to look at next to the info sections. But I am not loving the empty space in the tan box.
However, I do really love most everything else about your site. Thank you for creating
this valuable and interesting resource!

No comments: