Monday, December 12, 2005

desk crit no. 9> From Jina

What an excellent project, Robin!

You may not need crits but I decided to go through projects on your STUDIO website and give my crits to folks who’s done great job.

It is very artistic and beautiful all around. I know you are kind of tired of hearing compliments by now…so here are a few minor crits.

Overall, I found it somewhat difficult to see the menus and navigate. I think it is because font sizes are too small and/or not eye-catching enough in comparison to everything else on a page.

On the main navigation, I literally had to roll the mouse over to see what it says…maybe it’s my eye sight.


I don’t know the whole purpose of this website…you can tell I didn’t read your project management site. But it would be great if you provide some sort of introduction on what it’s about on the main page or somewhere obvious. I was confused and still am somewhat wondering what it is about.

On the “art slideshow” page, “main page” link disappears from the main navigation bar.

I really liked the way you did the slideshow! Brilliant!


On the “about the artists” page, on the bottom…there are some blocks of purple bars or blocks or whatever you call it laying there… I just wasn’t sure what they were about. It seems like decoration…but nowhere else has them.


About the main navigation, I know you used CSS for it…it would be better if I can tell which page I currently am by just looking at the main navigation bar or somewhere. I was confused where I am.

These are all nit-picky things and I loved your project! You are very creative.

Good luck!

Jina.

1 comment:

robin said...

In response to Jina's desk crit, I:

On the main navigation, I literally had to roll the mouse over to see what it says…maybe it’s my eye sight.

Added a why this project section,
make sure the nav bars were working properly, removed some extra div tags from the about the artists page, and increased the font size.